Can you imagine the experience of hosting a foreign Exchange student in your home??
Every year more than 8,000 students who participate a culture and educational exchange program called Rotary Youth Exchange. A critical component to the exchange program is the Host Families who open their home to a student from another country while they attend a year of high school in Southern, IL. Here are a few highlights of being a Host Family.
- Exchange students come from across the globe and are between 15-18 years old
- The student will attend your local high school
- As a host family you will host the student for 3-4 months of there year long exchange. Each student lives with 3 families during their exchange
- The student will live with you just as another member of your family, and often the relationship built last years beyond the exchange year
- You will receive support, training and advice for your local Rotary Club while hosting the exchange student
If you would like to learn more about the Rotary Youth Exchange program; including hosting an exchange student or your student going on an exchange, please attend on of our information sessions this fall.
O'Fallon, IL Info Session: 6:30 pm on Thursday September 7, 2017 at Faith Lutheran Church; 520 E Hwy 50, O'Fallon, IL 62269
Carbondale, IL Info Session: 6:30 pm on Wednesday September 6, 2017 at Carbondale High School; 1301 E Walnut St, Carbondale, IL 62901