Are you ready to see the world while you are still in high school???
Would you like to travel the world, learn a new language and meet new people? What if most of the expenses were paid by Rotary? If this has you excited the Rotary Youth Exchange Scholarship is your opportunity. Join more than 8,000 students who participate each year by sharing your own culture, and embracing a new one, fostering global understanding.
WHAT IS A ROTARY YOUTH EXCHANGE?
Rotary Youth Exchange is a study-abroad scholarship valued at over $24,000. The Scholarship provides a high school student the opportunity to spend a school year as an international student in a foreign county. Click here for the Scholarship Flyer
learn about youth exchange at an Informational meeting
The Rotary Youth Exchange process start almost 1 year prior to departing. The 1st step is attending one of the information sessions held around Southern, IL. The sessions will be held in September and will give you a deeper insight into Exchange and if it's right for you.
- Learn the in's and out's of exchange from students who have just returned from their exchange adventure.
- Parents and students ask ANY QUESTIONS you have to decide if exchange is right for you.
- Learn about the countries you may go to and the costs of exchange
- You will leave with details of the application process and the next step will be in your hands.
- Attend the September 2017 info sessions is for students who will be on exchange during the 2018-2019 school year.
O'Fallon, IL Info Session: 6:30 pm on Thursday September 7, 2017 at Faith Lutheran Church; 520 E Hwy 50, O'Fallon, IL 62269
Carbondale, IL Info Session: 6:30 pm on Wednesday September 6, 2017 at Carbondale High School; 1301 E Walnut St, Carbondale, IL 62901
To RSVP (helpful/optional) or with any questions please contact Rotary Exchange Outbound Coordinator Rich Lunan at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in learning more about exchange please complete this linked Youth Exchange Inquiry form
IS AN EXCHANGE RIGHT FOR ME?
- Exchanges are for people ages 15–18.5 (You may go on exchange during High School or a "Gap Year" after graduation
- Have demonstrated leadership in their school and community
- Are flexible and willing to try new things
- Are open to cultural differences
- Can serve as an ambassador for their own country
Are there any cost beyond the scholarship?
The Rotary Exchange Scholarship pays for all lodging, school fees, meals, stipend for incidental expenses and transportation while in your host country. You will be responsible for your flight to your host country, required insurance, travel documents and any optional trips/excursions while on exchange. These costs vary from country to country and we estimate a range of $5,500 - $8,000 for the year long exchange.