RYLA 2017 is on July 21 - 23, 2017 and again held at Camp little grassy in Southern, illinois. We are now accepting application for RYLA 2017. Please review and follow the process below.
RYLA??? whata??? EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT RYLA...OR AT LEAST WHAT WE WILL TELL YOU :)
RYLA, short for Rotary Youth Leadership Academy is 3 day long leadership, team building and problem solving retreat for rising freshman through rising juniors in Southern, IL high schools. RYLA is one of Rotary International's Youth Programs held around the world, but RYLA is unique because it is different in each district; while all RYLA's focus on building young leaders. Take a minute to Google RYLA, or search RYLA on YouTube and see for yourself.
fast facts about ryla in rotary district 6510 (southern illinois)
- RYLA brings together 60+ RYLArians (students at RYLA) led by Student Leaders (prior year RYLArians) and facilitated by world class experts on team building and leadership development.
- That's right, RYLA is a opportunity to grow your leadership and problem solving skills...oh and have a great time meeting new people
- 2014 was the inaugural year for RYLA Leadership Scholarships and to date we have awarded $2,200.00 for student use toward college or future Rotary programs
- RYLA is held at Camp Little Grassy in scenic Shawnee National Forest (scenic is code for no cell reception and lots of bugs)
- RYLA is facilitated by a team of Rotarians, Community Leaders, Successful Professionals and of course Student Leaders
- All expenses for RYLA are paid for by the sponsoring Rotary Club. RYLA is Rotary's investment in the future of Southern, Illinois
so how can you be selected to attend ryla?
- If you have not already talked to your local Rotary Club that is the first step, they will screen and select the students for sponsorship
- If you do not know your local Rotary club contact RYLA Chair Jason Boone at firstname.lastname@example.org; include your hometown and high school in the email
- If you have been selected by your Rotary Club please follow the steps below to complete the application AND email the medical consent form
more questions? Click here for the ryla info letter with more details
RYLA Application and selection process
Step 1: Rotary Club selection
Local Rotary clubs identify potential RYLArians
RYLArian candidates/Applicants are often selected from School or club leadership, Students of the Month and family or friends of Rotarians
Students will be provided with information about RYLA and invited to complete the only application (Step 2)
Student selection takes place between March and June of each year. If you are interested contact your local Rotary club or RYLA Coordinator Jason Boone at email@example.com
Step 2: Application and document submission
- Once you have been invited to apply to RYLA please complete the online application at the following link:
- As soon as you have completed the application download, compete and email the Medical Content document here:
- Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the email as the STUDENTS NAME and "Medical Consent"
- All tuition to attend RYLA is paid for by the Rotary club and will be paid after your application has been accepted.
Step 3: two way confirmation - critical
- In mid June you will receive confirmation that you have been accepted to attend RYLA. This email will contain initial confirmation instructions.
- Respond with the information request including: Confirmation you will attend RYLA AND your transportation to and from RYLA
- In the following weeks leading up to RYLA you will receive additional email about packing lists, preparation and social media.